Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Hottest Pink Lipsticks for Spring/Summer 2012

 The trend for a bright lip still hasn't died out.  Since last Spring/Summer of 2011 I have been wearing the bright hot pink lip and the bright orangey red.  I have been using Covergirl Lip Perfection in Spellbound for the hot pink and Hot for the orangey red.  I love the bright lip look because it makes you look pulled-together without really trying.  As I have worn these two colors to death, and I am in dire need to acquire some new shades.  I have an abundance of red lipsticks, so my next buying spree is for more hot pink shades.

If you would like to try this look, check out my previous post of, Make-up Inspiration for Summer 2011: A BRIGHT LIP.

The following hot pink shades are ones I recommend.  

Covergirl Lip Perfection in SPELLBOUND

 As I mentioned, I've worn this lipstick out.  I still like it and is still a go-to color.  As the rest of the Lip Perfection line, it is highly pigmented and requires few applications.  It will even stay when you drink something or have a snack.  It is not advertised as a long-wearing lipstick, but it does last.  I recommended it to a colleague, and it even stained her lips the next day, so you won't have to worry about reapplying often.  Most of the shades from the Lip Perfection line are matte.  So, you may wonder if it is drying on the lips.  The answer is "No!"  It's kept my lips decently moisturized.  The best part is that IT IS CHEAP !!!  TARGET sells it the cheapest without a promo or coupon at $5.94, so I've linked the caption under the photo directly to TARGET.

I love L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipsticks.  I have this brand in several colors, especially shades of red.  It is very moisturizing and smooth to apply.  I love the pleasant scent too.  Again, I've linked this directly to TARGET as I have found it to be the least expensive there without any promos or coupons.  At $5.99, it's a bahhhhhhgain !!!  I bought this color about four or five years ago, so this has been around for a while.  I recently bought a tube this year again as I love the hot pink trend for lips.  It may be hard to find in-store, so I recommend you just buy it on-line.  SEA FLEUR  is a bright pink with a purplish, iridescent sheen worthy of a beautiful mermaid.

NARS semi-matte lipstick in SCHIAP
This is my next lipstick purchase!  I saw it on a girl the other day, and it looked fabooooolous!  I've never bought a NARS lipstick, so I cannot attest to it's awesomeness, but it's always mentioned in fashion magazines, so I trust it is fab.  It is described as "shocking pink" and that it is.  This is the color that has the beauty and fashion world abuzz.  It is $24 pretty much everywhere it is sold, so I linked it directly to the NARS site.  That way you can see all the shades NARS, by Francisco Nars, has to offer.

  CHANEL Matte Lip Color in 37 L Exubérante  
This one is for the the fashion divas out there that like high-end or only wear high-end make-up.  Chanel carries a very nice hot pink called 37 L Exubérante on their CHANEL Rouge Allure Velvet Luminous Matte Lip Color line.  It sells for $32.50.  I probably won't buy this one, since it is out of my price range, but I hope this helps someone out =D

I hope you try this lip-color trend and enjoy it.  If you are having a blah day, this may very well cure you of the blahs.


No comments:

Post a Comment