Friday, May 11, 2012

Today's Fashion Flashback -- Deborah Harry of BLONDIE



Fashion comes, it goes, and then it comes back again.  This Summer of 2012 is no different.  With neon coming back with a vengeance, (see my blog posts on "Today's Fashion Flashback -- NEON & 'XANADU'" and "Mix Those NEUTRALS From Past Seasons With Spring/Summer 2012's TRENDS") the 80's is front and center once again.  This makes me want to listen to BLONDIE and want to dance, dance, dance!

Deborah Harry of Blondie was and is a style icon, so I dedicate today's post to her.  Of the 80's musicians, she was quite understated as many of the artists of that decade were known for their outrageous style like Cyndi Lauper, Madonna and Boy George just to name a few.  I mean the 80's was about decadence and excess, and I loved it that way.  I was a teenager of the 80's and I had such a blast with the fashion.  You wouldn't have caught me in neon in those days, since I thought I was too cool for that.  My thinking in those days was that the cheesy kids with no fashion sense wore neon.  LOL, now I love it and can't get enough of it.  Toned down with a neutral, of course.  Oh, how time changes everything...

Deborah Harry was such an icon that Andy Warhol immortalized her in several works.  Of all the faces immortalized on a screen print, Deborah Harry's is my favorite, even more than the famous Marilyn Monroe series.  She was so drop-dead gorgeous in the 80's, and she is still a beautiful woman today.


Let's take a look back and reminisce about Deborah Harry's style in the 80's.



Her hair is just as iconic as the Farrah Fawcett do and the Jennifer Aniston with those contrasting black and blond dual tones.  It's once again very popular today, as I see it on the young hipsters.

I'll leave you on this note, one of my favorite songs from Blondie.



No comments:

Post a Comment