Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fabulous Inexpensive Lipstick: Covergirl Lip Perfection

Covergirl's new line of lipsticks does not feel anything like what you would expect from a drugstore brand.  It is lightweight, goes on silky smooth and has amazing high pigment color.  It is a guilt-free indulgence and can instantly pick up your look and/or your mood.  If you like a matte-looking lipstick, you'll like Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick.

Looking for a bright pink color, which will be hot for Spring 2011, I found Spellbound (325).  Worn with simple make-up on the eyes and cheeks, let your lips be the focal point with this fun, bold color.  Eternal (350), another bright pink suitable for a darker skin-tone, was featured in the March issue of People StyleWatch.  With a price point of anywhere from $5.50 to $7 something, depending on the store and whether it is on sale or not, you can't go wrong by choosing Covergirl Lip Perfection over other more expensive brands in a similar shade.  Since a bright pink is not an everyday color, for most of us anyway, you won't feel bad spending the less than $10. on a lipstick you may only wear for a season or only a couple of times.  Me, I'm gonna wear out this look.  I love it on me! 

As far as shades you can wear every day, there are 44 shades to choose from four groups.  If you like a matte look, this is one I would stock up on.  If not, you may find a couple of shades suitable to your skin tone for those days and/or nights you prefer a matte lip.  For a quick, put-together look, I like to wear reds or a dark lip and little else.  I like the shade Hot Passion (305) from this line, perfect for those days I don't have the time to put on a full face.

Covergirl Lip Perfection claims to "create soft, smooth, beautiful lips in just 7 days."  I have not worn this brand 7 days in a row to confirm that, but I agree with the claim that it does sustain moisture levels.  My lips do not dry up and chap when I wear this brand.  The color is indeed bright and rich -- you don't need multiple applications to get that rich color.  Although it does not claim to be long-wearing, it actually is.  I work retail and have to talk a lot on the job, and I only have to re-apply when I have a full meal.  I don't have to re-apply when I have snacks or drink water or soda.

I've read other reviews of this new line, and the packaging was frowned upon.  I actually like the sleek, unpretentious design.  The packaging may not be luxurious, but the product in it is luxurious to me.  It feels as indulgent as LancĂ´me and Estee Lauder.  Another thing that may be criticized about Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick is that it has a taste.  Some say vanilla.  I can't quite pin-point the taste, but tastes like something synthetic to me.  It doesn't bother me though and doesn't taste bad.  It maybe tastes like a futuristic perfume?  I can't pin-point it.  You tell me...  Let me know when you pick up a tube or two of Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment