Sunday, April 8, 2012

Today's Fashion Flashback -- NEON & "XANADU"

One of the Spring 2012 trends I am loving is the resurgence of Neon.  I've gotten quite a few neon pieces and I am looking for more.  Neon works well with last year's and this year's trend of color-blocking, which I love, love, love.

Coincidentally, I just watched the 80's cult classic movie, "Xanadu," at my best friend's place.  Her 3 1/2 year-old daughter is obsessed with the movie and soundtrack, which at the time I viewed it, was Sabine's eighth viewing.  I don't blame her.  That movie, although a flop at the time, has become a classic 80's flick that well represents the fashion and the trends of the time of neon, bright colors, loose and billowy clothing, vintage, and alternative retro-representation of previous decades.  The movie revolves around the opening of a fabulous roller skating rink which was a HUGE American past-time of the 80's.

The movie "Xanadu," featuring the glamorous and always beautiful Olivia Newton John, is a cornucopia of neon inspiration.  From the clothing/costuming, the visual effects, and movie sets, no other movie will inspire you to wear today's fashion flashback of neon.  Even the original 80's version of "Tron" doesn't compare.

Here is a little taste of the movie.

Here are some neon pieces to wear now from Asos.com

ASOS T-Shirt Dress with Zip Back

$62.67


ASOS Chino Pant in Neon Coral

$53.72






ASOS Skinny Jeans in Neon Pink #4

$57.30

Cambridge Satchel Company Exclusive to Asos 11" Green Fluro Cracked Leather Satchel

$179.05 



No comments:

Post a Comment