Thursday, May 8, 2014

New Obsession: Stella and Bow's "Mean Girls" Inspired Jewelry Collection

A little over a week ago, on April 30th, marked the 10-year anniversary for "Mean Girls."  I was delighted to find jewelry brand Stella & Bow and their BURN BOOK COLLECTION while browsing the Web today.  The pieces are named after characters from the pop-culture pic.  Not only are the pieces cute and fun, but the price is right on-point for budget-conscious gals with pieces priced from $27.60 to $264 -- with most pieces under $100.  

I personally don't think you have to be a certain age to rock these pieces, but it is most perfect for now 20-somethings that were teens when "Mean Girls" came out in 2004.  Me personally, I would still wear them, but I am probably guilty of wearing age-inappropriate clothing and accessories.  I just don't define myself by my age.  I wear what I want and like.

Here are just some of the pieces from the Burn Book Collection:

Aaron Gold Ring $23.30
Cady "fetch" Bracelet $37.95
Ms. N Necklace $88.00
Gretchen Gold Bracelet $110.00

These jewelry pieces are crafted with gold-plating or silver-plating, but there are some pieces that are made with gold-filled elements which keeps it's color better.  When I make my one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces or shop for jewelry, I prefer gold-filled because the color will last if you take care of them properly (as in not showering with them on, etc.)  So be sure to check out the materials if this matters to you.  Stella & Bow also uses semi-precious stones and even diamonds on select pieces.

They have other collections too, so be sure to check those out as well.  If you have the time, also read up on how Stella & Bow came to be on their About Page.  You'll find that founders Lauren Brokaw and Lindsey Lerman are quickly on the rise and have already become the darlings of bloggers and magazines alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment