Thursday, May 1, 2014

Today's Fashion Flashback -- LINDA EVANGELISTA

Photo by Steven Meisel for Italian Vogue
My all-time favorite model is hands down Linda Evangelista.  No model, in my eyes, can top the versatility, the beauty, and the photographic charm that Linda Evangelista had in the 90's.  She still models today, but I miss seeing her face on the covers of magazines and editorials.  Back in the 90's, she simply dominated fashion.  Each month, you would see her face on numerous magazines, and every fashion show televised back then would have Linda gracing the catwalk.  She was in high-demand and was all over the place.  I never got sick of seeing her face.  To me, there was no such thing as over-exposure for her. 

I found this video from Style.com from their Throwback Thursdays with Tim Blanks Archive.  This video was posted last week on the Website. 



Back in the 90's, she was also known for changing her hair color often -- very often.  She was the first one to rock "jungle red."  There was not one hair color that she looked bad in.  Not too many people can pull that off.  My all-time favorite look on Linda was the canary yellow dress by John Galliano from 1995 with platinum blonde hair.

Photo by Patrick Demarchelier for Harper's Bazaar

Linda Evangelista was the uber-supermodel of the 90's.  She is synonymous to 90's fashion as Twiggy was to 60's fashion and Lisa Fonssagrives was to 40's & 50's fashion.  It's those cat-eyes and winning smile that I will always remember in my fashion dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment