Thursday, February 21, 2013

THE KILLS Adds Some Edge to the EQUIPMENT Spring/Summer 2013 Campaign

French brand, EQUIPMENT, known for it's men's wear inspired button-downs has enlisted THE KILLS as the faces for the brand for its Spring/Summer 2013 Campaign.  I was delighted to see them in an ad campaign as I perused the March issue of Harper's Bazaar on my android tablet.  After seeing The Kills last year for a 10 Year Anniversary concert at Ft. Lauderdale club Revolution, I have become a fan.  I dig their moody, yet danceable tunes as evidenced by one of my favorite song of theirs, "Cheap and Cheerful" from The Kills' third album "Midnight Boom" (2008).



I think Jamie Hince and Alison Mosshart of The Kills have great edgy styles.  Their personal styles complement each other's.  I especially love how they sport cowboy boots!  Surprising since Jamie Hince is a Brit.  The Kills is an American/British hybrid, with Alison Mosshart hailing from Florida.

The Equipment Spring/Summer 2013 shoot was styled by Keegan Singh and photographed by The Kills official photographer, Kenneth Cappello.  Donning Equipment clothing, stylist Keegan Singh kept the duo's look distinctly The Kills' -- positively brilliant.

I look forward to seeing more of this ad campaign in other Spring issues.  You can view a video of this campaign featuring the song "The Last Goodbye" on the Equipment Website.

Equipment has clothing for men and women.  Shirts are around the $200 range (a bit out of my price-range) and you can expect to also see T-shirts, shirt dresses, and cashmere sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment