Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Keep Your Skin Super Soft With This Incredibly Affordable Skin Cream

Summer is around the corner, and if you haven't been sporting swimsuits already, you probably will.  Is your skin smooth and soft?  If not, don't fear!  There are plenty of products to get you skin there.  However, as I am a bargainista, I am only going to talk about the skin cream/moisturizer that will give you the most bang for your buck.  Hey, that's what I am here for =)  That product is Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Skin Care Cream.


This product was introduced to me by brother years ago, and no, he's not gay.  I would call him a metrosexual, although he would vehemently deny it.  He grew up with three sisters, so I think it's only natural that he is one.  I mean he wears more hair product than us three sisters combined.  Well, I'm glad my brother introduced this skin cream into my life because my skin is touchably soft due to this Vitamin E Skin Care Cream.

I get my supply at Walmart.  It normally comes in a 2-pack for under $4.00.  I paid $3.67 per 2-pack set just last week.  Each jar is four ounces of a medium-thick skin cream.  You can get other skin creams or moisturizers for about the same price in larger bottles, but I tell you, you won't get the same results.  I have tried many, many, many drugstore skin moisturizers, and none gets me the results that Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Skin Care Cream gives me.  The most expensive skin moisturizer I ever used was a Lancome one, and even that didn't get my skin as smooth.  I smelled really nice, but not as smooth and soft.

Some skin products, I can't use because I don't like the fragrance, but Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Skin Care Cream is only mildly fragrant.  It is not fragrance-free, but the fragrance is barely noticeable, in my opinion.  If you are very sensitive to fragrances, try it at the store before buying.

Ah, where to get this stuff.  I mentioned I get mine at Walmart where I find it the cheapest (not sold online at Walmart.com.  I know, how disappointing.)  It is hard to find on the shelves as it is all the way at the bottom of the skin care shelves.  It is grouped with all the other skin moisturizers for the body.  I've seen it similarly displayed at Target (also not sold online.)  If you live in a metro area without a Walmart in sight, you can get it cheap at dollargeneral.com (they even sell it by the case, if you like to buy in bulk.)

Some of its ingredients are vitamin E, aloe vera, wheat germ, sunflower seed oil, collagen and elastin.  Due to the vitamin E content, I would check with your doctor if it is safe if you are pregnant.  Also, I only recommend this skin cream for overnight moisturizing, since it does not contain sun protection.  You already know that part of great skin care is protecting your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.

I have found that the best way to use this skin cream is to apply after a shower or bath with moist skin (only mildly towel try or don't towel dry at all.)  By doing so, you won't use as much product.  I know, I know, you're probably saying I am really cheap.  Ummm, yes I am.  Anyhoo, for you, less trips to the store???  Actually, the product is medium-thick, so the water thins it out, but if you have really dry skin, by all means, lather on as much as you want.

Sometimes, it gets tedious moisturizing all the time, but for the coming swimsuit season, trust me, it's worth it ;-)

For other reviews of this product, check out the reviews at MakeupAlley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment