Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's Chilly In Miami And I Am Prompted To Buy Outerwear. To My Surprise, KMART Has Wonderful Outerwear.

It's in the 40's today, and I am not prepared.  I have jackets and blazers, but no coats or anoraks -- I cleared out my closet this Summer, and I regret getting rid of some Winter items.  Note so self:  next time, get rid of seasonal items during the same season !!!  Darnit !  I know, if you live up North, you are probably laughing right now as you read this, but 40 degrees is cold for us Floridians! I've been in Chicago before in the Winter when it was 10 to 20 degrees, and I tell you, 40 in Miami feels colder than 10 in Chicago!  Anyways, I usually enjoy the cold weather when we do get it in Miami, but I am not able to handle it as much this year.  Maybe as I get older, I am not able to tolerate it as much -- now I see why senior citizens flock to my part of the country.

I was surprised to find some great deals in outerwear with nice styling at Kmart.com.  Of course, I am on a tight budget, and since Miami is not known for its cold weather, I do not want to spend a lot of money on a coat.  It would be different if I were to visit my sister in NY this winter, but since I am not, I am looking for a low-end, low cost solution to this recent cold front.

I already know what The Gap has, since I work there, so that is a NO GO.  I checked out Old Navy yesterday and nothing long enough.  I checked out Banana Republic (which I can use my employee discount there) and nothing that stands out.  Then I remembered an ad for Kmart from the August and September issues of magazines that featured on-trend military inspired looks, and that is what I want right now -- a military-inspired long coat.  Low and behold, there is so much to choose from, and all under $100 (there is a 50% OFF Sale.)  Many have additional mark-downs too.  I am where I want to be, that is, Online at Kmart.com  (too cold for me to venture to the store today, and besides, I know there is going to be more of a selection Online than any Miami location.)

Online, Kmart offers everything from the military-inspired coat that I want to puffer jackets and coats, stream-lined simple coats, wool trench coats, pea coats, anoraks, etc.  Anything and everything that you  would want to look for for the Winter is at Kmart.com .

Below are some of the coats I liked.  There's lots to choose from, so browse away...

MILITARY INSPIRED:

Route 66 Women's Button Front Wool 

Military Coat

Attention Women's Zip Up Military Coat

Attention Women's Wool Military Coat














FUN:

Apostrophe Women's Hooded Short Peacoat

Covington Womens Leopard Print 

Faux Fur Jacket

Donatella Women's Quilted Down Jacket


ANORAKS:

White Rivet Women's Quilted Down 

Jacket with Faux-Fur Trimmed Hood

White Rivet Women's Down Jacket















BELTED:

Marvin Richards Women's Double Breasted 

Wool Coat with Belt

Attention Women's Herringbone Trench Coat




SIMPLE/MINIMALIST:

Apostrophe Women's Wool Coat with 

Oversized Collar

Attention Women's Asymmetrical 

Zipper Coat

Mystic Women's Double Breasted 

Wool Peacoat

No comments:

Post a Comment