Friday, June 24, 2011

Today's Fashion Flashback for this Summer -- BRIGITTE BARDOT

I  was researching photos of Kate Moss because I was going to feature her as my next Style Icon, and I came across some fabulous style photos for Brigitte Bardot.  I knew she was a sex bombshell/kitten but I had no idea she was such a style icon.  She is my perfect style muse for Summer 2011 as global warming is heating Miami up to HOT, HOT, HOT.  We know Brigitte Bardot, also known as BB, as the smoking HOT, HOT, HOT French sex icon, so what a perfect muse for style for this year's hot Summer.  N'est pas?  Oui.

We know her for her unfussy bedroom hair and sexy pout, but this is not a post about beauty.  This is post about her style.  What I discovered was that she was known for wearing thigh-high boots and micro-mini dresses, striped sailor shirts (which I always love for the Summer,) boho chic (still good to wear, although mimimalism is on the rise,) gingham dresses and outfits, and of course bikinis.   Aside from the thigh-high boots, all perfect for a hot Summer.






I found the perfect video on YouTube highlighting her style.  Check it out...





What I'll be wearing this Summer is definitely striped shirts and bikinis.  I have a gingham mini dress that I'm hoping I'll fit into soon, since I've been working out.  As far as boho is concerned, I'm kinda over it, but I have so much of it in my closet that I may end up wearing some boho this Summer.  I'll try the Brigitte Bardot sexy pout, but I don't do sexy well.  I'm almost laughing just thinking about it.  Anyhoo, I do feel sexier already just by writing this post.  

Have a great Summer!  Be hot, but don't get overheated ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment