Thursday, March 17, 2011

Today's Style Icon -- MICHELLE WILLIAMS

2006 Academy Awards
Michelle Williams is my style icon for today because simply put, her style is -- AMAZING !!!  With her Best Actress nomination for "Blue Valentine," she has come a long way from Dawson's Creek.  Michelle Williams had small and leading roles in films before, but it was her role in "Brokeback Mountain" where a larger audience really got to see her acting chops.  She was nominated for Best Supporting Actress as Alma Beers, the wife of Heath Ledger's character, Ennis Del Mar.  The mustard-colored dress she wore to the Academy Awards in 2006 put her on the fashion map.  She has really become a style icon of late with her pictures in many, many magazines. 

2010 Cannes Film Festival
I love her short hair!  As I continue my obsession with my short haircut, my next inspiration is, of course, Michelle Williams.  My previous hair inspiration was Edie Sedgwick.  Edie was the style icon that inspired me to cut my hair short from the get-go.  I've trimmed my hair three or four times since then.  The next hair trim tomorrow, I will be looking at recent photos of Michelle's do.  Not the pixie haircut she is sporting most recently but the one with long bangs. 

Various Events, 2011

She truly is a style muse.  She has lost the baby weight from Dawson's Creek and has emerged as a fashion goddess.   Michelle and her stylist/s are doing an amazing job inspiring us, the common folk.  According to The Stylist Site, Elizabeth Stewart was responsible for Michelle's look for the 2011 Oscars where she was nominated for Best Actress for "Blue Valentine."  I thought her look was one of the standouts that night.  Michelle, along with Cate Blanchett, Nichole Kidman and newcomer Jennifer Lawrence proved that minimalist style is back.

2011 Academy Awards

I'm looking forward to the style inspiration Michelle Williams will continue to bring in the future, and I look forward to seeing her in films and on the red carpet.  Kudos Michelle on your incredible acting and your awesome style !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment