Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Missing Brit Pop & REVOLVER Lately



I miss those days at Revolver, this recurring Friday night party I used to go to from 2000 up to 2005 (I think) where I listened and danced to retro classics from the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and good tunes from this decade.  This blog is an homage to those good ol' days.  I wonder what Josh, the creator of that wonderful extravaganza of musical delights is doing nowadays?  He was so creative and dynamic getting all those DJ's, musicians and other artists together.  What was the door-guy's name???  Oh, what I especially miss are the brave people who wore outrageous outfits, especially that guy who showed up one night in a cow costume.  Yeah, you read that right -- a cow costume, and no, it was not Halloween.  I miss getting dressed up in wacky outfits too.  And there was my favorite DJ, Alex.  He was my musical soulmate, I'm pretty sure of it.

Oh, Revolver, where art thou ???  You'll always be in my heart, dear Revolver...  (OK, I may be having a mid-life crisis.  LOL.)

I hope someone enjoys these tunes from days of old.  I included some tunes that might be played at Revolver now, if it were to exist today.  Enjoy, whoever you are, wherever you are...

"Bittersweet Symphony"  THE VERVE

"Creep"  RADIOHEAD  (I feel so lucky to have gotten to see Radiohead perform this song in the 90's, just when they were making it big in the US, in a venue very similar to that in the video.)

"Paint It Black"  ROLLING STONES

"Light My Fire"  THE DOORS

"Groove Is In The Heart"  DEE LITE

"Girls and Boys" BLUR  (This is such a fun song to dance to!)

"Change"  TEARS FOR FEARS

"Hotel Yorba" WHITE STRIPES

"Satisfaction"  ROLLING STONES

"Y Control"  YEAH YEAH YEAHS

"Suedehead"  MORRISSEY

"Regina"  THE SUGARCUBES

"Bombs Over Baghdad"  OUTKAST  (This is such a Revolver classic.  I don't know how many times I danced to this!)

"Intergalactic"  THE BEASTIE BOYS

"Shout"  THE BEATLES

"Teenage Riot"  SONIC YOUTH

"De Luxe"  LUSH

"Soon"  MY BLOODY VALENTINE

"Cecilia"  SIMON & GARFUNKEL

"Last Night"  THE STROKES

"Give, Give, Give Me More, More, More"  THE WONDER STUFF

"Getting Away With It"  ELECTRONIC

"Bang a Gong (Get It On)"  T REX  (This is so fun to dance to.  I need a lot of dance space for this one!  And it's from the year I was born.  How do ya them apples?)

"Some Like It Hot"  THE POWER STATION

"Girls on Film"  DURAN DURAN

"This Charming Man"  THE SMITHS

"Love Will Tear Us Apart"  JOY DIVISION

"Stigmata"  MINISTRY

"I Am The Ressurection"  THE STONE ROSES

"Take Me Out"  FRANZ FERDINAND

"Devil Bunnies"  MY LIFE WITH THE THRILL KILL CULT

"Murderous"  NITZER EBB

"Bulletproof"  POP WILL EAT ITSELF

"Bulletproof"  LA ROUX

"Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)"  THE JACKSONS

"Heart of Glass"  BLONDIE

"Paparazzi"  LADY GAGA

"Around The World"  DAFT PUNK

"Hyperballad"  BJORK

"Halcyon On And On"  ORBITAL

"Say You'll Be There"  SPICE GIRLS

"Millennium"  ROBBIE WILLIAMS

"Strawberry Fields Forever"  THE BEATLES ("Across the Universe" version)

"Panic"  THE SMITHS


No comments:

Post a Comment