Sunday, September 15, 2013

IT'S HERE!!! My 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Experience

Boy oh boy!  I set my alarm clock for 6:15 a.m.  It was as if it was Christmas, and I was a little kid again.  Too bad for me, I went out to see a movie last night with a friend and got home late.  I ended up hitting snooze at least a dozen times.  When I managed to finally get up an hour later, I was abuzz with excitement, thankful that my clock was 15 minutes ahead.  Plenty of time for some coffee and to check Online if 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target was live.  Yes it was.  The large black tote, along with some of the other handbags are only available In-Store.

Here is the scoop.  If you live in a metropolitan area, you probably won't be able to get the large "Tote with Gusset" in black unless you were one of the first in-line at the opening this morning or due to some serendipitous event like a return.  I was in line outside my neighborhood Target by 7:55 a.m., and I wasn't able to get one.  I was lucky to get it in taupe, along with the "Top-handle Crossbody" also in taupe.  The black handbags, along with the small-sized yellow handbags flew.  I can't even say off the racks because some weren't even put in racks like the large totes.  They were pulled from a shopping cart and one large box on the floor.

Thank God it was a civilized event.  I overheard a Target employee say that Target had learned its lesson from the Missoni collaboration, and what transpired this morning was pretty calm.  When I got there at 7:53, there was a line at the door of about 40 people.  Three more people got in line after me.  An employee opened the doors at about 8:00 to make an announcement that each customer was only allowed one color of each style of handbag.  I was fine with that.  I mean, I originally only wanted the large tote and the top-handle crossbody in black anyways.  The line of people were allowed inside, then five customers at a time were allowed to approach the 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target area.  The smaller handbags were on the racks, while the larger bags were in that one cart and one large box.  Although nobody fought for anything, a lady behind me in line managed to get THE LAST black "Tote with Gusset."  Sneaky little...  I guess I am weak at this game.  I mean here I am, thinking I am still in line.  I need to work on my slickness and agility when it comes to special releases like this. 

I was lucky to get one "Tote with Gussett" in taupe from the cart as it was divied to me by the Target employee.  There were about three or four there.  To my surprise, there were still two of the "Top-handle Crossbody" bags in taupe on the rack.  Nobody was actually within three feet of me, so I was slowly able to pick out the more perfect one.



The clothes were actually not out yet, except for the "Boom" sweatshirt and scarf.  Apparently, the early birds were not after those anyways.  As expected, this collaboration extravaganza was all about the handbags, with the popularity of the Pashli.  After snagging my handbags, I walked over to the men's display, and that display was more complete.  Although I didn't get anything from the men's department, the large travel bag looked really nice.  There was only one there.

All in all, I was a pretty happy camper.  I didn't get what I originally wanted, but I was satisfied with what I was able to walk away with unscathed.  I would normally go back to sleep this Sunday, but my adrenaline and feel-good hormones are still pretty high.  The good news is that there are some handbags available Online at Target.  Happy Shopping the 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target collaboration.  Target did it once again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment