Saturday, August 22, 2009

"Julie and Julia" was A M A Z I N G !!!

It wasn't my idea to see "Julie and Julia" tonight, but a co-worker wanted to see it while her kids went to see other movies, and I took her invitation to see the movie. The trailers never really enticed me to see the movie, in fact the little blips of Meryl Streep doing Julia Child annoyed me a bit, but it did have two amazing actresses in it (Meryl Streep and Amy Adams) so it seemed like decent Friday night fare. It couldn't be that bad...

Well, I was surprised and delighted! It was a great foodie film in the least; you will surely be inspired to spend some time in the kitchen creating treats for friends and family. It turned out to be a good love story too. The portrayal of the marriage between Julia Child and Mr. Child was tender and adorable. I'd like to order a man like him from the menu -- loving, supportive and adores the woman he loves. Check please! The acting, do I need to say anything? Of course it was great. After all, it was Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. I was completely wrong about Meryl Streep as Julia Child as annoying. She was a delight as Julia Child. The trailers really do a disservice to the film. Meryl was funny, charming and adorable as Julia Child. Amy Adams stretches her range by playing a bit of a bitch. You ask Amy Adams, a bitch??? Never! But yes, she was able to pull it off. But a likable bitch. Anyone else playing the part would have been to bitchy. Great job Amy!

This movie makes me want to cook everything in butter. Well, I don't actually cook that much, but it did make me want to spend more time in the kitchen. Cooking in butter. Or just plain eating butter. I definitely want to try the Boeuf Bourguignon recipe.

All in all, a great Friday night. I'm glad I went to see it. Sometimes the best movies are the ones you had no intentions of seeing.

1 comment:

  1. Your review was really good! I want to go see the movie now because of your review. I like the fact that your review was truthful yet positive.

    ReplyDelete