Monday, April 28, 2014

Obsessed With Birkenstocks for Spring/Summer 2014

For Spring this year, I am looking forward to wearing breezy maxi dresses and skirts worn with Birkenstocks as inspired by the runway looks for Spring/Summer 2014 from Edun and Givenchy Menswear Collection and from Calvin Klein Pre-Fall 2014.  Also, I am feeling inspiration from last Spring's Celine collection with the fur-lined Birk-style sandals. 

Calvin Klein Pre-Fall 2014

Edun Spring 2014
Givenchy Menswear Collection Spring 2014

Celine Spring 2013

I scored a pair of aqua Birkenstock from Ross two weeks ago for 40 bucks, and my order from Asos of black-patent Birkenstocks just came in (about $75. Not really a steal, but I had to have them.) 


I haven't had a chance to wear them yet.  My new busy work schedule only affords me to wear scrubs, as I am a new nurse -- haven't had much time to socialize and be out and about, but when I do have the time, I will be wearing relaxed clothing with my new Birkenstocks.

I was never a fan of Birkenstocks before.  I thought it was just bad fashion and associated with hippies, but once again, time has changed my mind.  Maybe it had something to do with the Olsen twins sporting them?  I'm not sure...  But I really did like the relaxed outfits I saw them worn with recently on the runway.  For this season, it has less of a hippie feel and actually has edge.  I am looking forward to being comfortable in them. 

To the right is a dress I found at Ross for $16.99 two weeks ago also, perfect to go with the aqua Birkenstocks.  I've styled it with a croc-embossed leather bag that I scored at a Goodwill many years ago.

Original runway photos from Style.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment